Module 11 sentences for correction

(English Writing 1)
chrish

Module 11 sentences for correction

Post by chrish » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:17 am

Grading of Module 11 is almost finished. Generally, your letters are quite fun to read!

Here are some sentences from your Module 11 letters. 1-6 are from the party invitation, 7-12 from the response. All of them have one or more mistakes – can you find and correct them? Give it a try!

Invitation:

1. After finish the semester in two next weeks. Our group planned to hold the very special party that quite different from other.

2. Because we study in online program so it’s hardly to have time to meet face to face.

3. In the party except for food, there are also game activities.

4. You can drive pass Burapha University and turn the 2nd right. Then you drive along the Bangsaen Road, you will see our party easily.

5. If you want more fun please you get your swimsuit.

6. Looking forwards and hearing you.

Response:

7. Our team have 3 people.

8. We would like to go to your party at 6 pm on Saturday, next two week for sure.

9. I cannot wait to meet you guy for a relax time after hard time.

10. I am looking forward to our party which I will meet other class members.

11. I ready for your party on June 17 at your house, can I bring potato ships and snacks?

12. I will help you to persuade N and L [classmates] to join a get-together party. Let wait for a good news from me.

:)

Chonlatee

Re: Module 11 sentences for correction

Post by Chonlatee » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Hello Ajarn Chrish, here are my answers.
1. Our group is planning to arrange a special and unique party after finishing the semester in the next two weeks.
2. Because we study via an online program, it is quite difficult to have the opportunity to meet face to face.
3. Besides food, there will be also games and activities at the party.
4. You can drive past Burapha University and turn right at the second intersection. Then drive straight along Bangsaen Road. You should find the place where the party will be held easily.
5. Please feel free to bring your swimming suit for more fun.
6. We look forward to hearing from you.
7. There are three members in our team.
8. We will definitely join your party in two weeks time on Saturday at 6 p.m.
9. I can't wait to meet you guys and relax after facing this difficult time.
10. I am looking forward to our party where I will meet other class members.
11. I am pleased to join your party on June 17, at your house. Shall I bring some potato chips and snacks?
12. I will do my best to convince N and L to join a get-together party. Please wait to hear the good news from me.

chrish

Post by chrish » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:58 am

Nice job, Kh Chonlatee. Two small points: In 8, “two weeks’ time” needs an apostrophe. In 12, the party is already a topic of conversation, so use the definite article with “the get-together party”.

Here’s a fun article about apostrophes. It shows that native speakers often have trouble with them, too.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/mind- ... apostrophe

Here are my versions.

1. After finishing the semester in two weeks, our group is planning to hold a very special party that will be quite different from any other.

2. Because we study in an online program, we hardly ever get the chance to meet face to face.

3. Besides food, there will also be games and other activities at the party.

4. Drive past Burapha University and take the second right. As you drive along Bangsaen Road, you will see the venue of our party.

5. If you want to have even more fun, please bring your swimsuit. (or: bring along your swimsuit)

6. Looking forward to hearing from you.

7. There are 3 people on our team.

8. We will certainly attend your party two weeks from now at 6 pm on Saturday.

9. I cannot wait to meet you guys and relax together after all our hard work.

10. I am looking forward to our party, where we’ll have the chance to meet our classmates.

11. I’m ready for the party on June 17 at your house. Should I bring potato chips and other snacks? (Note: The original sentence is a good example of what we call a “comma splice”.)

12. I will help you to persuade N and L to join our get-together. Just wait for the good news from me.

Good luck on the exam! The part about letter-writing language is one of the most difficult sections of the exam, so it's a good idea to review this material now. :)

Chonlatee

Post by Chonlatee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Thank you very much Ajarn Chrish.

Return to “14214 การเขียนภาษาอังกฤษ 1 [1/60]”