Module 3

(English Writing 1)
Warintip

Module 3

Post by Warintip » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 am

I need your suggestion.
How do I know about the Exercise when I read I understand what does it mean but I can't correct it in the right way. I would like to know what should learn more? How can I find the rule of it? Which book or website? Thank you.

lugsamee

Re: Module 3

Post by lugsamee » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:17 pm

K Warintip kha,

Nice to talk to you again kha!

For a quick suggestion, why don't you try a key word search on Google, using "common writing mistakes"? I'm sure you'll find a variety of examples na kha. You could also play around with more specific words (e.g. grammatical errors in English writing by Thai students), and they'll lead you to some interesting lists and articles on the website na kha.

Please share with us what''ve found/learned na kha:)
Talk to you soon kha.

Warintip

Post by Warintip » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:22 pm

Wow! Thank you Teacher. I will try.

lugsamee

Post by lugsamee » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:23 am

Also, if you look at our M3 examples of common mistakes, you'll see that there're a lot of problematic cases related to basic grammar (e.g subject-verb agreement, the use of helping vs main verbs). For those cases, you could consult fundamental grammar books (e.g. English Grammar in Use) or, more specifically, grammar and composition books (e.g. General English Grammar and Composition) from different publishers na kha.

However, common writing mistakes can also be linked to inappropriate word choices (e.g. occupation vs. work), collocation (e.g. for the internet vs. on the internet/see DVDs vs. watch DVDs), and punctuation.

Keep working na kha! The more you practice writing, the better writer you'll become kha!

Return to “14214 การเขียนภาษาอังกฤษ 1 [2/62]”