โมดูลที่ 1 การเกิดเสียงก้อง-ไม่ก้อง และตำแหน่งการเกิดเสียง r

(English Pronunciation)
KrittayaLee

โมดูลที่ 1 การเกิดเสียงก้อง-ไม่ก้อง และตำแหน่งการเกิดเสียง r

Post by KrittayaLee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:43 am

สวัสดีค่ะอาจารย์
ก่อนอื่นหนูขอแจ้งว่า ปฏิทินการศึกษา ที่แขวนไว้ในระบบ
น่าจะเขียนวันที่ผิดของโมดูล 15 ที่เป็น Review ซึ่งเขียนไว้ว่าจะเปิดให้ทำวันที่ 24 ธันวาคม
มันไม่น่าจะไปไกลขนาดนั้นนะคะ ^^'' แต่ว่าโมดูลนั้นน่าจะเป็นทบทวน หรือ mock test
ไม่มีงานส่ง คิดว่าวันที่อาจไม่สำคัญอะไรนัก

หนูมีข้อสงสัยในโมดูลที่ 1 ค่ะ ดังนี้ค่ะ

1. ที่หนูเข้าใจคือ narrow glottis (เส้นเสียงเปิดแคบ) พอลมผ่าน เส้นเสียงสั่น เลยทำให้เกิดเสียงก้อง
ถ้าเป็น open glottis (เส้นเสียงเปิดกว้าง) ลมผ่าน ไม่ได้ไปกระทบเส้นเสียง เส้นเสียงไม่สั่น เลยทำให้เกิดเสียงไม่ก้อง
(ไม่แน่ใจว่าเข้าใจถูกหรือไม่)

ในหนังสือโมดูลที่ 1 หน้า 11 บรรทัดที่ 7
ที่เขียนว่า "เสียงที่เปล่งด้วยเส้นเสียงเปิดกว้างหรือแคบนั้นจะไม่มีการสั่นสะเทือนของเส้นเสียง" = เป็นเสียงไม่ก้อง
ก็เลย งงๆ แต่เห็นด้านหน้าประโยคนี้ คือ ยกตัวอย่าง เสียง /h/ เป็นเส้นเสียงเปิดแคบ
หรือว่าประโยคดังกล่าวคือ ยกเว้นแค่เสียง /h/ ที่แม้จะเป็นเส้นเสียงเปิดแคบ แต่เป็นเสียงไม่ก้อง

2. สมัยเรียนวิชา 14215 Introduction to English Linguistics จำได้ว่า เคยท่องว่า /r/ เป็นเสียงที่ตำแหน่ง alveolar
แต่ในหนังสือ 14320 เป็นตำแหน่ง Palatal alveolar
หนูไปค้นในเว็บ ก็เจอทั้งแบบที่บอกว่าเป็น Alveolar และ Postalveolar
อยากทราบว่า.. มันเป็นหลักเกณฑ์การออกเสียงที่ต่างกัน แบบอังกฤษ / อเมริกัน หรืออย่างไรคะ

ปล. ดูคลิปที่อาจารย์สอนแล้ว ไม่มีอธิบายในส่วนที่หนูสงสัยเลยมาตั้งกระทู้ถามค่ะ

ขอบพระคุณล่วงหน้าค่ะ

narinthip.tho

Re: โมดูลที่ 1 การเกิดเสียงก้อง-ไม่ก้อง และตำแหน่งการเกิดเสียง r

Post by narinthip.tho » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:12 am

สำหรับข้อที่ 1 อ.ผู้เขียนตอบมาว่าในหนังสืออธิบายถูกต้องแล้ว แต่นศเข้าใจผิดข้อ 1 ค่ะ เส้นเสียงไม่สั่นนะคะถ้าเป็น narrow glottis เสียงไม่ก้องนะคะ
ที่เขียนไว้ในหน้า11 ถูกแล้วค่ะ เสียงที่ออกเสียงโดย open glottis and narrow glottis จะเป็นเสียงไม่ก้องค่ะ

Ekkawit P

Post by Ekkawit P » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:20 am

Dear Khun Krittaya

First of all, I must say that I’m also one of your silent admirers as I’ve been watching what you’ve been doing on some Forum Boards for some time.

Now, as one of your super seniors, I should also welcome you to one of the toughest courses in our English major – 14320, not only for the students who are taking this course, but also for Ajarn(s) and the ones who would try to give you the answers to your queries or some easy-to-understand explanations on several topics.

May I now add some points to what Ajarn Narinthip and Ajarn Chris have explained to you na krub. I’ll try my best, as follows:

For your Question No. 1
“ที่หนูเข้าใจคือ narrow glottis (เส้นเสียงเปิดแคบ) พอลมผ่าน เส้นเสียงสั่น เลยทำให้เกิดเสียงก้อง
ถ้าเป็น open glottis (เส้นเสียงเปิดกว้าง) ลมผ่าน ไม่ได้ไปกระทบเส้นเสียง เส้นเสียงไม่สั่น เลยทำให้เกิดเสียงไม่ก้อง (ไม่แน่ใจว่าเข้าใจถูกหรือไม่)”

The narrow or open glottis is not the only factor determing the voicing or the voicelessness of the consonants or vowels. Only the vibration of the vocal folds (vocal cords) that counts.

“ในหนังสือโมดูลที่ 1 หน้า 11 บรรทัดที่ 7 ที่เขียนว่า "เสียงที่เปล่งด้วยเส้นเสียงเปิดกว้างหรือแคบนั้นจะไม่มีการสั่นสะเทือนของเส้นเสียง" = เป็นเสียงไม่ก้อง
ก็เลย งงๆ แต่เห็นด้านหน้าประโยคนี้ คือ ยกตัวอย่าง เสียง /h/ เป็นเส้นเสียงเปิดแคบ
หรือว่าประโยคดังกล่าวคือ ยกเว้นแค่เสียง /h/ ที่แม้จะเป็นเส้นเสียงเปิดแคบ แต่เป็นเสียงไม่ก้อง

For the part which you mentioned "เสียงที่เปล่งด้วยเส้นเสียงเปิดกว้างหรือแคบนั้นจะไม่มีการสั่นสะเทือนของเส้นเสียง", I don’t have the 14320 textbook in my hand now so I can’t find out the context of this part or don’t really know what the author is trying to say. However, in addition to what I stated above, the vocal folds won’t vibrate unless they are in the correct position and the air below the vocal folds is under enough pressure to be forced through the glottis too.

The best example would then be for you to imagine that you’re whispering something to your friend, all voiced consonants and the (voiced) vowels would totally become voiceless, mainly because the air pressure is not strong enough to vibrate the vocal cords.

In the case of /h/, the glottis (the opening between the vocal folds) is narrow enough to create some turbulence in the airstream flowing past the vocal folds, resulting in a “fricative sound”, but “voiceless”.

For your Question No. 2
“สมัยเรียนวิชา 14215 Introduction to English Linguistics จำได้ว่า เคยท่องว่า /r/ เป็นเสียงที่ตำแหน่ง alveolar แต่ในหนังสือ 14320 เป็นตำแหน่ง Palatal alveolar
หนูไปค้นในเว็บ ก็เจอทั้งแบบที่บอกว่าเป็น Alveolar และ Postalveolar
อยากทราบว่า.. มันเป็นหลักเกณฑ์การออกเสียงที่ต่างกัน แบบอังกฤษ / อเมริกัน หรืออย่างไรคะ”

On this matter, you didn’t surprise me anyhow. It’s another difficult topic to understand, because we are Thai native speakers. However, we may have come across people of different nationalities speaking English before, I hope.

In some books, /r/ could be found in the range of labiodental to alveolar and postalveolar. I think it’s the matter of multiple /r/ sounds na krub. So tricky, isn’t it?

You can also read about “Pronunciation of English /r/” from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, at the following link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronuncia ... nglish_/r/

By the way, I usually prefer reading to watching YouTube because I find reading more enjoyable and can catch up the entire content a bit easier, and I can also pick out some interesting points and pass them to others easier na krub.

Hope my opinions are useful in some degree na krub.

Best wishes always,
Ekkawit
Class of 2015

narinthip.tho

Post by narinthip.tho » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:58 am

Many thx for your kind support for STOU students as usual.
Hope u are fine.
Narinthip

KrittayaLee

Post by KrittayaLee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:19 pm

ขอบพระคุณอาจารย์ และรุ่นพี่มากๆ นะคะ
เป็นเรื่องที่ย่อยยากจริงๆ แต่ก็จะพยายามเข้าใจ และศึกษาเพิ่มเติมค่า

KrittayaLee

Post by KrittayaLee » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:49 pm

พอดีไปอ่านเล่มนี้มา ซึ่งหนูก็ไม่แน่ใจว่าเป็นแหล่งข้อมูลที่น่าเชื่อถือไหมค่ะ
ก็เลยงงเรื่อง glottis นิดนึง

https://www.img.in.th/images/48174a120b ... 0a5afa.jpg

ชื่อหนังสือ : A Manual of English Phonetics and Phonology: Twelve Lessons with an Integrated Course in Phonetic Transcription

แต่ตอนนี้เข้าใจแล้วว่าสรุปคือ นับแค่ vocal fold สั่นไม่สั่นแค่นั้น ถ้าลมแรงก็สั่น ถ้ากระซิบลมเบา ก็จะกลายเป็นไม่สั่นหมด

ส่วนลิ้งค์เรื่อง r หนูก็อ่านลิ้งค์นั้นมาเช่นกันค่ะ แต่ไม่ค่อยเข้าใจศัพท์เทคนิคต่างๆ เท่าไหร่ เลยมาถามเผิื่อได้คำอธิบายเพิ่มเติมค่ะ

^_____^

อย่างไรก็ขอขอบคุณอีกครั้งค่ะ ทั้งรุ่นพี่และอาจารย์ค่ะ

Return to “14320 การออกเสียงภาษาอังกฤษ [2/60]”