Module 11 sentences for correction

(English Writing 1)
chrish

Module 11 sentences for correction

Post by chrish » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:26 am

Hello everyone,

I'll be posting grades and comments for Module 11 soon. If you remember, you wrote two emails here, one an invitation to a party and the other a response. The following sentences were taken from student submissions. All of them have problems - can you fix them? It may be helpful to know that the first four (plus number 11) are from the invitation, the rest from the response.

1. In order to celebrate on the occasion of the end of the semester. Therefore, our team would like to invite all of you to a get-together party.

2. It’s because the vacation period will come nearly, so my teammates and I have an idea for a party before this semester will end.

3. It’ll be fun lots of people from our university are coming sure you know some of them.

4. Direction: When you arrive Amphoe Meang, go straight to Sukhumvit road for 2 km, Robinson Department Store is on your left hand, the place; where to be held on the party, is next to Robinson Department Store.

5. I had ever go to your house a long time ago.

6. All of us welcome to join this party and will take taxi for going to there.

7. Suppose we would like you to pick up at the airport, will you be convenient?

8. Our class member approximately 30 peoples will be attend.

9. We‘re appreciated to join your farewell party which hold on 23 June 2018.

10. Thanks again for your invite.

11. The party would begin sharp at 6 p.m.

Please post your corrections below. Again, there is usually more than one way to fix each problem. :)

Tansy

Re: Module 11 sentences for correction

Post by Tansy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 am

1. In order to celebrate on the occasion of the end of the semester. Therefore, our team would like to invite all of you to a get-together party.
--> We would like to invite all our team members to a get-together party to celebrate the end of the semester.
--> We will hold a get-together party in celebration of the end of the semester. All our team members are cordially invited.

2. It’s because the vacation period will come nearly, so my teammates and I have an idea for a party before this semester will end.
--> Before the end of this semester, I and my team members have come up with some ideas for the upcoming vacation.

3. It’ll be fun lots of people from our university are coming sure you know some of them.
--> It’ll be fun to have a lot of our fellow students coming. I’m sure you know some of them.
--> Seeing a lot of our fellow students will be fun. I bet you know some of them.

4. Direction: When you arrive Amphoe Meang, go straight to Sukhumvit road for 2 km, Robinson Department Store is on your left hand, the place; where to be held on the party, is next to Robinson Department Store.
--> Directions: When you arrive Muang District, go straight to Sukhumvit Road; carry on for 2 km. and you’ll see Robinson Department Store on your left. The venue where the party is held is next to Robinson Department Store.

5. I had ever go to your house a long time ago.
--> I have been to your house long time ago.

6. All of us welcome to join this party and will take taxi for going to there.
--> We welcome all of you to join this party. We will arrange taxis for you.

7. Suppose we would like you to pick up at the airport, will you be convenient?
--> We would like to pick you up from the airport. Will it be convenient for you?
--> Will it be convenient for you to be picked up from the airport?

8. Our class member approximately 30 peoples will be attend.
--> Approximately 30 team members will be attending the party.
--> The party will be attended by approximately 30 team members.

9. We‘re appreciated to join your farewell party which hold on 23 June 2018.
--> We will be pleased to join your farewell party on 23 June 2018.
--> We will be delighted to join your farewell party on 23 June 2018.

10. Thanks again for your invite.
--> Thanks again for your invitation.
--> Your invitation is greatly appreciated.
--> It is with great pleasure that I accept your invitation.

11. The party would begin sharp at 6 p.m.
--> The party will begin at 6 p.m. sharp.
--> The party will begin at 6 p.m. on the dot.

Return to “14214 การเขียนภาษาอังกฤษ 1 [2/60]”