Module 5: My Hometown Individual Task Cannot be Downloaded

(English Writing 1)
Tansy

Module 5: My Hometown Individual Task Cannot be Downloaded

Post by Tansy » Tue May 29, 2018 8:24 pm

I looked at feedback on Module 5: My Hometown Individual Task from peers, and all of them said they could not download my file.

I checked the attached file, and saw it there, but I couldn't download it either.

It means that this individual task of mine will not be marked by the teacher. What should I do?

chrish

Re: Module 5: My Hometown Individual Task Cannot be Downloaded

Post by chrish » Wed May 30, 2018 3:27 am

No, in this course only the team tasks are marked.

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Wed May 30, 2018 4:39 am

Oh, I see. Thanks. But will I lose some marks for not having my individual tasks reviewed by my peers?

Jaraswat

Post by Jaraswat » Wed May 30, 2018 7:48 am

As we also have Task 2 and Task 3 which is worth 1 point each. If your peers cannot open your file, you'll then lose points for Task 1. Please reminded to give your file a simple name and save it as Word 2003 or .doc. Avoid having numbers or symbols in your file name. Also, once you submit the assignment, you should log out and then log in again to check if your file is already in the system and if it can be opened. Re your problem, nothing can be done after the due date. Sorry about that.

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Wed May 30, 2018 9:33 am

Thanks for your reply. I've just found out why my file cannot be downloaded. I saved it as word 97-2003 alright, but its name was quite long. Files with long names cannot be downloaded. In the future, I will check if the submitted file can be downloaded before logging out.

chrish

Post by chrish » Thu May 31, 2018 3:13 am

Regarding file names, you also need to watch out for illegal characters in the name, like colons or dashes (for example). If the name contains these, people won't be able to open the file.

Return to “14214 การเขียนภาษาอังกฤษ 1 [2/60]”