M 9's two key words kha!

(Self-study Skills for English Language Learning)
lugsamee

M 9's two key words kha!

Post by lugsamee » Fri May 18, 2018 5:20 am

Dear all,
Please keep in mind that our two important words of this week are 'bottom-up' vs. 'top-down' listening strategies na kha.

Talk to everyone soon kha.

Re: M 9's two key words kha!

Post by 5910009827 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 am

Would you please explain how to do Module 9 Task 4?

Thanaphan

Post by Thanaphan » Mon May 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi, Ajarn.

In Task 4, link no.6 (listening strategies) is just an empty wordpress blog now. Did it use to contain information necessary to do the task?

I am asking this because in one of the script files we are asked the following questions:

1. What kind of top down strategies do you plan to use before you listen to this interview?
2. What kind of bottom up strategies do you plan to use before you listen to this interview?

To answer these questions I guess we first have to know about different kinds of top down strategies and bottom up strategies, don't we?

Ekkawit P

Post by Ekkawit P » Tue May 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Dear Ajarn Lugsamee, Khun Thanaphan and other juniors

I believe most resources for not only the resources in 14111’s Module 9 Task 4 but also those of other Modules (or even other courses) for the current batch of students would also face a similar problem of “dead links”. This is mainly because the study in the current age, especially in the long distance learning system like our STOU, has been using all kinds of resources WORLDWIDE with the help from the Internet.

Unfortunately, we have often become frustrated about unexpected changes which can happen to all the resources we could once accessed very easily but have recently been unable to find them.

In this case, I have traced the “dead link” Khun Thanaphan posted and mentioned as “link no.6 (listening strategies)” and found that the link is “http://www.nclrc.org/essentials/listeni ... listen.htm”, whose web site might not exist anymore. But very fortunately that I had this article as my “self-provided info” for my study during the first semester of 2011-2012 educational year, in addition to the resources provided by Ajarn(s). So, I strongly believe the article I have in my 14111 Folder is the one which has been missing.

I have tried to attach the file here below, called “Strategies for Developing Listening Skills” but it wouldn't work out, so I would post it as the next thread. Sorry about that.

Although I really have no idea what other resources Ajarn(s) also provide for the current batch of students, I would like to share with all of you the resources during my time even though some links seem to have become “dead” as well because these articles would be very beneficial to the study too. I would also post them as the one of the following thread of mine too.

Best wishes always,
Ekkawit
Class of 2015

Return to “14111 ทักษะการเรียนรู้ภาษาอังกฤษด้วยตนเอง [2/60]”