I'm madly confused with the instructions on 14111

(Self-study Skills for English Language Learning)
Tansy

I'm madly confused with the instructions on 14111

Post by Tansy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 pm

I'm utterly confused with the instructions on 14111 which are everywhere that I fail to submit task1 within the deadline. I try to proceed with the next task. I'm reading instructions on Task1: Individual Submission (I thought I'd already missed it. Why is it here again?) and I'm even more confused, not knowing what to do. I'm required to give constructive feedback? Feedback on what?

I study 14111, 14213 and 14214 in this semester, and I think they are very easy. However, I'm not performing well because the instructions are not all in one place. They are here and there and everywhere that I fail to understand what I'm supposed to do. Can you please help me?

Jaraswat

Re: I'm madly confused with the instructions on 14111

Post by Jaraswat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:59 am

My advice is just concentrate on the instructions and criteria of each task on D4L+P. There's also their Thai version in the course manual to help you. All files under the Resources section are there to provide additional resources and useful advice.

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 am

Thank you, teacher. Now, I know what I did wrong. I overlooked the 3 Peers Feedbacks.doc file. That's why I didn't know what to do. I'm OK now.

I almost made the same mistake when I did the 14213 Task1:Module3. First, I overlooked the Module 3_Worksheet_2017.docx file. Trying to guess the meanings of the words without that file, I was befuddled with too many possibilities. In fact, the choices given in the Module 3_Worksheet_2017.docx file narrowed down the possibilities, and I managed to get all the correct answers in the end.

I think the lessons and the tasks are very easy, but the exploration of all the nooks and crannies of the STOU online course materials is very tricky.
Last edited by Tansy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:51 am, edited 5 times in total.

Chirasiri

Post by Chirasiri » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:16 am

Let me share my experience as a newcomer in the online distance learning program.
I was a new lecturer and 18 months ago I was more or less illiterate. Having to read instructions and looking for signposts on each page of the D4lP system required so much processing and to some extent appeared counter intuitive.

But after a series of attempted work and failures, I have learned to navigate the pages with more confidence. I think you have made a very good point about the instructions. Well reading them two or more times could have made you understand the tasks better.

I"m glad you've nailed 14213. Let's see what the course has in store for you.

Chirasiri

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:42 am

Re:14213
My response to Ajarn Chirasiri:
I did the 14213 Task1:Module3 in the Module 3_Worksheet_2017.docx file and submitted it already. After that, I went to the team discussion board and found that one of my team members made the same mistake. She didn't download the Module 3_Worksheet_2017.docx file for use as answer sheet. As a result, many of her answers are off the track. I'll have to tell her to download the Module 3_Worksheet_2017.docx file, otherwise we will be engaging in a confounding discussion...LOL.

Return to “14111 ทักษะการเรียนรู้ภาษาอังกฤษด้วยตนเอง [2/60]”