ขอความกรุณาอาจารย์ช่วยเฉลยคำตอบพร้อมแนวคิดสำหรับแบบฝึกหัดในหนังสือค่ะ

(English Pronunciation)
Starry Night

ขอความกรุณาอาจารย์ช่วยเฉลยคำตอบพร้อมแนวคิดสำหรับแบบฝึกหัดในหนังสือค่ะ

Post by Starry Night » Mon May 01, 2017 2:12 am

เรียน อาจารย์นรินทร์ทิพย์ที่เคารพ

ดิฉันใคร่ขอความกรุณาอาจารย์ช่วยเฉลยคำตอบพร้อมแนวคิดสำหรับแบบฝึกหัดในหนังสือจำนวน 2 ข้อ ดังในไฟล์แนบค่ะ
หน้า 8-11 ข้อ 2 และ หน้า 9-24 ข้อ 7 ค่ะ

(ทั้งนี้ในหนังสือฉบับที่ตีพิมพ์ในปี พ.ศ.2559 และหนังสือฉบับที่ตีพิมพ์ก่อนหน้านั้น มีคำตอบที่ไม่ตรงกันค่ะ)
จึงขอความอนุเคราะห์อาจารย์ช่วยเฉลยคำตอบพร้อมเหตุผลรองรับในการเลือกคำตอบนั้นค่ะ

ขอบพระคุณอาจารย์ค่ะ

Starry Night
Attachments
P 9-24 ข้อ 7.png
P 9-24 ข้อ 7.png (58.78 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
P 8-11 ข้อ 2.png
P 8-11 ข้อ 2.png (28.8 KiB) Viewed 1762 times

chrish

Re: ขอความกรุณาอาจารย์ช่วยเฉลยคำตอบพร้อมแนวคิดสำหรับแบบฝึกหัดในหนังสือค่ะ

Post by chrish » Tue May 02, 2017 3:25 am

Hello Starry Night,

It’s good that you ask about this. The material on sentence stress can be quite confusing. It should be easier in the Module 10 online practice, because you can listen to the recording.

For the falling-rising question, I think the answer should be choice 3, not choice 1 as in the answer key. “I am POSITIVE that…” would have a falling tone. It’s very similar to “I am sure that…” which is identified as falling tone in the book. Looking at the other sentences, I am not sure about choice 5, but that one may also be falling rather than falling-rising.

For the other question, tag questions can either have rising or falling tone. If one is rising tone, that means you are really not sure of the answer. If it is falling tone, you believe you know the answer, and the tag is just checking. So the pattern on the tag can go either way – choice 2 is rising, and the rest are falling.

The decisive thing here is where the sentence stress falls. Since it falls on the main verb (touch), choice e. is correct.

Hope my reasoning is clear here – have fun with the course! :)

Starry Night

Re: ขอความกรุณาอาจารย์ช่วยเฉลยคำตอบพร้อมแนวคิดสำหรับแบบฝึกหัดในหนังสือค่ะ

Post by Starry Night » Tue May 02, 2017 6:55 am

Dear Aj. Chris,

Thank you very much for answering my questions.
It would be very useful to those who will have the exam on this subject at the upcoming weekend.

I enjoy the course very much!

Regards,

Starry Night

Return to “14320 การออกเสียงภาษาอังกฤษ [1/60]”